FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Here at PHOENIX DISCOUNT Van & SUV Rental, we have assembled the following frequently asked questions in an attempt to anticipate any you may have. However, if we haven’t addressed your concern, please don’t hesitate to call us.
WHAT DO I NEED TO RENT A VAN OR SUV?
- A current, valid driver’s license
- A form of payment–either a credit card, a debit card, or cash
- And, if you have full coverage car insurance that transfers to a rented vehicle, please bring that certificate to the rental counter with you, as well
*qualifications may vary.
WHAT ARE YOUR NEAREST CROSS STREETS?
- Our location near the Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport is between 32nd Street and 24th Street, on the north side of McDowell Road. We are just west of Red Devil Pizza and east of Standard Restaurant Supply. If you are using a GPS device, please input the zip code: 85008
- In the West Valley, we are located on the south side of Indian School Road at 36th Avenue, on the west side of U-Haul. If you are traveling on Indian School Road, from east to west, you will need to cross over the overpass and take a u-turn at 38th Avenue to come back to 36th Avenue, under the overpass
ARE YOU NEAR THE PHOENIX MESA-GATEWAY AIRPORT?
- While we are just a few minutes directly north of the Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, the Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport is located in Mesa, 35 miles to the east of us. We may be able to arrange an airport pickup service for your group, so please be sure to call for details.
DO I HAVE TO PUT DOWN A DEPOSIT?
- Yes. Rental companies must be in a secure position when renting a car, van, or SUV. Therefore, the entire amount of the rental charges will be required at the beginning of the rental, and an additional amount may be held for security as well, depending on the qualifications and form of deposit.
WHEN WILL MY DEPOSIT BE CREDITED BACK?
- If the rental was secured with a cash deposit, any funds due will be returned, in cash, to the renter at the conclusion of the rental
- If the rental was secured with a debit card, any funds due are credited back to the same card on the day the vehicle is returned. While we will complete these transactions at the end of the rental, please contact your bank with questions regarding the posting of those funds, as it can take some banks up to 1-3 business days to process a refund. Also, please keep in mind that while we will process a refund given over the weekend, Visa, MasterCard and American Express do not post on weekends
WHY DON'T I GET MY ENTIRE DEPOSIT BACK?
- Rental deposits are not the same as deposits on apartments. A ‘deposit’ on a rental vehicle is not only held for security, but also for paying applicable fees and taxes. We do our best, with the information the renter provides us, to anticipate the rental charges (base rate, fees, and taxes) that will be due at the end of the rental and secure only the amount necessary to cover the rental and provide security
I RENTED HERE LAST YEAR. WHY IS THE RATE DIFFERENT?
- If you have traveled to Phoenix before and found the rates substantially higher or lower than you are being quoted currently, the answer is a simple matter of supply and demand. Just as seats on an airline become more expensive as the seats fill up or the date approaches, the same thing happens, everywhere, with rental rates. However, whereas you might find rates at the airport to be exorbitant, our rates stay within a range that is often far below those found at the airport. Please call us at 602-826-5996 for a rate quote
DO YOU OFFER UNLIMITED MILEAGE?
- Rental rates are date and location specific. The reason it is important to be clear about where you are traveling is because we “include” the miles with your rate. Mileage is therefore not “unlimited.” For example, a rental that is bound by the contract to be used for a 3-day trip to San Diego, has a certain number of miles factored in to include traveling to and around that destination only and not “unlimited” so as to permit travel to any area beyond San Diego. Geographic limitations apply.
CAN I PAY FOR THE VAN OR SUV AT THE END OF THE RENTAL?
- All rentals must be paid for in advance, either by securing funds on a credit or debit card or by putting up enough cash to cover the rental plus the deposit
CAN MORE THAN ONE PERSON DRIVE MY RENTAL?
- Yes. We do allow additional drivers at the rate of $3/day. All drivers must provide their current, valid driver’s license and be named on the contract. Any person not named on the contract and driving the rented vehicle is considered an unauthorized driver and violates the terms and conditions of the rental agreement
HOW MUCH GAS DO I NEED TO RETURN THE VEHICLE WITH?
- One of the ways other rental companies make a great deal of money is with their fueling options, whether it is pre-paid gas or refueling at the end of the rental. At PHOENIX DISCOUNT Van & SUV Rental we do not sell gas. You will receive your rental with a certain level of gas, anywhere from ¼ of a tank to a full tank. You are expected to return the vehicle with the same amount of gas as you received (the amount of gas in the van or SUV at the time of the rental is noted on the rental contract). If you return it with less, there is a charge to recover the amount of our gas you used
HOW LONG IS MY RENTAL FOR?
- Rental periods are figured on a 24-hour, per day basis. If a vehicle is rented for one day, it is due back at the same time (24 hours later) the next day. If it is rented for a week, it is due back at the same time 7 days later. A rental returned any time beyond the time due, incurs an overdue charge to be calculated based on the tardiness of the rental
WHEN DO I HAVE TO RETURN MY RENTAL?
- The return day and time is marked on your rental agreement. The rental is due back to the location from which you rented it at that time. Rental periods are figured on a 24-hour, per day basis. If a vehicle is rented for one day, it is due back at the same time (24 hours later) the next day. If it is rented for a week, it is due back at the same time 7 days later. A rental returned any time beyond the time due, incurs an overdue charge to be calculated based on the tardiness of the rental
IS THERE AN EXTRA FEE IF I AM 24?
- If you are 21 or over, there is no additional age-related surcharge.
WHAT IF I NEED TO RETURN MY VEHICLE AFTER YOUR OFFICES ARE CLOSED?
*there is an additional charge for utilizing this service
WHAT IF I WILL BE LATE RETURNING MY VEHICLE?
- While it is possible to return a vehicle late, this does not mean the terms of the contract will not apply. Vehicles returned more than 30 minutes past their due in time incur late charges. Please understand, when calling to ask if you can return a vehicle late, and we say, “Yes, you can return the vehicle late,” it does not mean the terms of the agreeement do not apply and there won’t be a charge for doing so
DO YOU RENT VEHICLES TO GO ONE-WAY?
At PHOENIX DISCOUNT Van & SUV Rental, we strive to make renting a Large Passenger Van (seating 7, 9, 11 or 15 people), a Minivan, or an SUV affordable and accessible, and we offer unlimited mileage and special group and team rates as well. With a fleet of over 100 large passenger vans, which seat up to 15, we can accommodate church groups, sports teams, schools, and corporate groups seeking to rent multiple vehicles.
We offer certain unique services, such as renting with Cash and renting to persons age 18-21, that are subject to surcharges. Please call today to learn more.
We accept cash, debit cards, Visa, American Express, Discover, and MasterCard, for payment, as well as for security deposit.
Phone lines open 365 days a year!
East McDowell Office Location
2934 E. McDowell Road
Phoenix, Arizona 85008
Indian School Office Location
3625 W. Indian School Road
Phoenix, Arizona 85019